Switching from iPad to Android Tablet

clintster442

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012
I am sick and tired of having a $700 tablet that can't view Flash, is enslaved by iTunes and their App store and has ONE FREAKING BUTTON! 9Sorry, venting). I just bought a Moto Xyboard and love it already but I can't figure out how to get my old data off of my iPad. In true Apple fashion, when you backup the iPad, it saves the pictures as .ithmb extension files, an Apple proprietary format used by iTunes. While I hate the iPad, I would like to salvage pictures stored on it.

Does anyone know the best way to transfer/sync/switch from the Apple chains to Android? I'll already be busy converting all of my music from .m4a to .mp3 and vids from .mkv to .mp4 so preferably an easy method if it exist.

Thanks,
Clintster

Solution

Email the...

BlackFox

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012
The peculiarity of ITHMB format is that even iTunes can not convert it into anything more convenient like jpeg. The only thing iTunes can do is to upload backup with ITHMB files back to iPad. ITHMB files can be converted using ithmbconv software. It is a free console tool; manuals on how to use it can be found in the internet easily. If it does not help try using iThmb Converter. It is a bit more powerful tool that, however, costs money.

mamaz13

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012

Email the pictures and videos to yourself, or post them on Facebook as a Viewable only by you. Then open the emails or Facebook on your new device and save the images there.

Solution

ethan_white

Honorable
May 2, 2013
great!!