Acer 5315 Hangs on eRecovery after factory reset

carbretta

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011
Hi People,
My partner has an Acer Aspire 5315 which she recently sold to a friend and its my job to sort it out. Acer, following there tradition of mountains of software, have there own recovery solution to reset the laptop to factory settings which I followed. This reformatted the c drive and reinstalled vista on it. Having completed this it goes through an 8 step process to install software. It is stuck on step 7 of 8 which is the installation of eRecovery soloution. It just hangs on the screen and is a never ending please wait. I have checked online and seen a few people with this problem. I have checked the following:
Checked that the backup partion is still intact and formatted which it is
Disabled User Account security (as advised)

It shows the program on the desktop but when I click it, it doesn't work (thought it was worth a shot!)

If anyone has a solution to this problem I would much appreciate it. Obviously in a ideal world it wouldn't have vista at all but unfortunately that's the situation im in.

Any help much appreciated!

Luk11

Commendable
Jun 27, 2016

Please, can you give me more details for the procedure?
same problem with a PC acer aspire after formatting crashes to install acer 9 erecover. i'm in Safe Mode msconfig but I dont know how to turn off the Acer install stuff
thx