Best laptop for the money/

TheinsanegamerN

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2011
Hi everyone!
I am currently looking to replace my gateway nv78 (t6600 2.2 GHZ, intel gma 4500d). The major problem is cooling, as it will regularly hit over 60c just browsing online, 90c in simple games, like sins of a solar empire.
In looking for new laptops, I found an asus laptop with amd fusion a6-3400, and ATI hd 6650m. I like the idea of an ati chip, since my oldest laptop (a dell latitude cpx, with .5 GHz pIII and ati m1 rage graphics) still chugs along like a champ, even without being cleaned.
my point is, does anyone know if asus laptops have better cooling systems, and last a while? it will be used for browsing, and lite, low-demand gaming (left 4 dead, sins of a solar empire, star wars empire at war). my main concerns are battery life, cooling, and durability.

ericpol

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009
Asus makes pretty good laptops. Those fusion laptops are nice they run cool and battery life is pretty good. For light gaming you should be able to run off of the integrated GPU to save battery life for more demanding games you can run off of the 6650m.

Shpati

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
I have a ASUS N61JQ for a 2 and a half years now. It is awesome. I did have to RMA it once, because of an overheating issue. Other than that it is flawless. It runs game really well. It is fast. It does many things and does them well.