Laptop won't boot or power down!

johnm33

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012
My HP Pavilion laptop stopped working unexpectedly. It was working fine early last week. I had it unplugged and moved it to a different location. I did not jar it or treat it harshly. it remained off for two days. When i plugged it back in and turned it on, it went haywire! First all lights and accessories were flashing intermittently. The hard drive, disc drive, and mouse driver were all cycling on and off every few seconds. The screen remained blank (black). The power button would not do anything. The only way to power it off is by taking the battery out. A day later, same symptoms no boot and power button does nothing. However, the intermittent flashing of lights and cycling of drives has stopped. I power up, hear the fan for a few seconds, the hard drive light comes on but no spinning sound and power button does nothing.

johnm33

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012

It is Model DV8000. This is a common problem? Could it have been cause by the slight movement of me carrying it to another room?

johnm33

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012

Thanks for the response, although it does not sound like good news. I am sure we are beyond warranty. It surprises me that this crash occurred with no apparent reason...