Waking Acer laptop from sleep w/ USB keyboard.

_DTK_

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012
Hi,

This site has been very good to me with having the answers before I even ask them. I think I finally have an issue that is strange enough that it hasn't been asked before.

I have an Acer laptop running Win 7. I have all the settings so that the laptop will wake from sleep with the external keyboard and mouse. The strange thing is that when the lid is closed it will not wake up from sleep mode. When the lid is open, it's no problem and it wakes up just fine.

It's taken me quite a while to narrow down the problem to that. All the bios setting, power management etc. are set correctly and it does wake up when the lid is open. Unfortunately this does little for me because I want the laptop stored with its lid closed on the side of my desk.

Since I'm approaching the 6th hour of tackling this problem, any insights would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

vpony

Honorable
Feb 25, 2012

Control panel --> Power options --> change when the computer sleeps -->Change advanced settings -->Power buttons and lids --->lid close action --> SELECT "Do nothing"

_DTK_

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012

I already tried this and it has been my setting from the start.
For whatever reason, it still won't wake up when the lid is closed and I press keys on an external USB keyboard.

_DTK_

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012

Thanks Martin.

I saw (didn't see) that in the bios as well.

Since the sleep and wake up by USB keyboard worked when the lid was cracked a little over an inch high, I thought there might be a way around it.