Google Maps on Android Gets Some Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

waxdart

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Give it a few years when Google Maps is real-time streamed from a satellite. I pop in my current location, zoom in and look at the back of my own head.[/citation]

:) That might cost a lot. I mean a Funking lot. I think I'll just hold the camera over my head and take a photo. but I love the idea.

G

I'd also like to ask Google why maps keeps starting itself (often more than one instance) on my 2.2 Desire?
Is it reporting my location back to its servers?
Why is it wasting my CPU/battery?
How do I stop it? (no option to uninstall!)

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]DIYFiddler[/nom]I'd also like to ask Google why maps keeps starting itself (often more than one instance) on my 2.2 Desire? Is it reporting my location back to its servers? Why is it wasting my CPU/battery?How do I stop it? (no option to uninstall!)[/citation]
Use a task killer from the market.

miicah

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
I was pretty confused when my maps update installed 4 other things I never even wanted, especially since I already had a places app.

blazeorangeman

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
I use the maps app if I know of a place I already want to go to...however, if I'm in an area and want to explore what options are available, Places is more logical and faster to search everything in a certain category. Google FTW. Keep up the Apps.

P.S. if there could be an app for Google Docs then my phone would be complete

Status
Not open for further replies.