Ideapad U260

epldmb

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2009
I ordered an Ideapad u260, should be coming next week sometime. A few questions I hope someone can help me with, I've searched for the answers and can not seem to find any.

First off is about widi. According to Intel's site it says that the processor, a Core i5 470UM along with the Centrino N1000 is all that is required for it to work (other than necessary programs). Is there something else required on the board to enable this, or should it be good to go?

Secondly, according to the ark site it says that the chipset Mobile Intel QS57 Express is able to support up to 8GB of DDR3 800MHz of RAM. The model I ordered says it has 4 GB (max) of 1066MHz? Again is it restricted to the 4 or if I put an 8 in there will it read it, and also about the speeds?

Lastly, I have a 64GB Crucial C300 SSD that I took out of my last lappy. The u260 supports 7mm HDD or SSD, I've read that removing the spacer with make it fit the requirements. If someone could verify this for me before I remove the warranty sticker would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance,

Jon

epldmb

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2009

None of these things were determining factors with the purchase on a side note. Would just be nice features/upgrades to have!

Jon

TRENDING THREADS