Display Problems with new CCFL screen

Maxarial

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2012
I recently purchased a new WXGA+ screen for my Dell XPS m1530 laptop. The old screen was cracked.

Upon installing the new screen it did not display. After some fiddling I finally got the screen to display, but it was very dim as if the inverter board were not working. I then replaced the battery and restarted the computer, only to have it refuse to display again.

I know the video card is not bad because it outputs to an external monitor just fine, and I am pretty sure the new screen is not bad considering that it worked at least once. I am a little lost here trying to figure out what exactly could be wrong.

To recap here are things that I have tried:

attaching new screen + new inverter = no signal
old screen and old inverter = no signal
removing power sources and removing excess charge via holding the power down.

I would have thought it was just a bad inverter board considering that it worked once but with no backlight, but now I am not getting any signal at all from either screen.

My last thought is that it might be the LVDS cable?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi :)

Hmm that quite cheap for a new screen...it cannot have included the Inverter at that price obviously...how much did you pay for the inverter ?

Oh and what size is the screen ?

All the best Brett :)

Maxarial

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2012
Yes, I have tried a combination of both the old inverter and new screen and new inverter with old screen, all to no avail.

The screens show no sign of life and the backlights do not come on.