Notebook for Chess

VladTech

Honorable
Feb 19, 2012
Hello,
I am looking for super strong notebook for chess.
It should analyze the game variants and will masively use system resources.
Main demands from the system are
1) Fast multi core processor
2) Fast RAM - Preferably 8 GB at least
3) Very fast and large HD
4) Win 7 - 64

Thanks in advance

VladTech

Honorable
Feb 19, 2012

With all the respect, Im not sure that you know what you are talking about.
Im not talkin just of casual game I play sometime.
I use it to plan my games with program that will use as much resources as you can give it.
Did you ever heared of super computer play against top chess players?
Why does any casual laptop won't do?

In high levels, every bonus hour I get between the games, can give me much needed edge.

I want some big HD cause I have dozens of HD movies and music and I dont like big external devices.

Anyway, I can rephrase the question to-
Is there any serial laptop I can get that will beat the parameters of Dell and Asus that I gave and
will cost under 2$k (I dont need strong graphic, at all)?

Thanks in advance, Vlad.

D

Deleted member 217926

With all due respect I think it is you who are misinformed. Deep Blue was able to beat Kasparov in 1996 and 1997.

If you are familiar with Moore's law, it dictates computing power doubles every two years. So what took a "supercomputer" in 1996 runs fine on what would be a pretty basic computer today.

Modern programs such as Deep Fritz and Deep Junior are more efficient than programs from Deep Blue's time.

Vladimir Kramnik played Deep Fritz in 2006 and it was running on a desktop. Todays Sandy Bridge chips are roughly 30 to 40% faster clock for clock than chips from 2006.

I would look for the fastest Intel i7 Sandy Bridge chip with the most memory you can get and a SSD to run the operating system and your programs off of and a mechanical hard drive for storage for your movies and music.

If you truly need something that fast to run high end chess programs on then I have the highest respect for you. I have played casually since I was a kid and then starting in the late 90s I played quite a bit on the internet and in a local chess club. I don't really have the time to play much anymore but I really enjoyed playing even though I was never very good.

My Chessmaster 10 program is plenty to make me feel dumb! :D