What laptops are coming in 2012

ksteven813

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012
I had to return my Lenovo Y570 after it blue screened 3 times after receiving it. Then I was just going to change it but their support is not well. So I just decided to return it and get my money back.

Now I am looking for a new gaming laptop and am wondering what is coming out this year? Especially for ASUS because I cant find much. I am not going back to lenovo.

Solution

Hi :)

Lol and you wont find any info until a LOT nearer the time.....the manufacturers either have not decided yet or will not say because it all about competition....

All the best Brett :)
I'd recommend the using a manufacturer whi actually makes laptops.....Lenovo does not, HP does not, Toshiba does not, Sony does not...... The vast majority of laptops on the market are manufactured by a small handful of Original Design Manufacturers (ODM). Major relationships include:[4]

Quanta sells to (among others) HP, Lenovo, Apple, Acer, Toshiba, Dell, Sony, Fujitsu and NEC
Compal sells to (among others) Acer, Dell, Toshiba, Lenovo and HP/Compaq
Wistron (former manufacturing & design division of Acer) sells to Dell, Acer, Lenovo and HP
Inventec sells to Toshiba, HP and Lenovo
Pegatron (former manufacturing & design division of Asus) sells to Asus, Toshiba, Apple, Dell and Acer
Foxconn sells to Asus, Dell, HP and Apple
Flextronics (former Arima Computer Corporation notebook division) sells to HP
Clevo makes Sager, Voodoo PC, Widow PC,

I'd recommend a Clevo 150HM customized to your liking'. The best place to view the models side by side is here:

http://www.pro-star.com/index.cfm?mainpage=product&filter=4

but their service has gone seriously downhill in recent years .... so I do my "picking" there and then go buy it from xoticpc.com which tho they have a terrible website has a decent service department .

Hi :)

Lol and you wont find any info until a LOT nearer the time.....the manufacturers either have not decided yet or will not say because it all about competition....

All the best Brett :)

Solution

ksteven813

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012

Thanks Brett