Dual External Monitor Solution

tilltheend

Honorable
Feb 16, 2012
Just a quick question, I run an Asus U81 laptop win 7 64 bit. Right now I run 2 21.5" LED monitors one on a eclipse external video card off a USB port. The problem is Im always swapping stuff around now being Im down to 2 usb ports. The question is are any of the docking stations worth a look? Even the new Targus Super Speed USB docking station with 2 video outputs? Or am I better off just dealing with the cable mess and getting USB multi port adapter for my iphone, backup drive, mouse ect. I'm not a gamer at all just run plan sheet take offs, spreadsheets, document handling ect. Kinda at a loss and hate to dump more money on a glitchy unreliable solution. Thansk in advance.

AntiZig

Distinguished
well you described the possible solutions yourself. as far as how reliable either of them is, I'm not sure. I haven't had any experience with external USB video cards.

We have multiple docking stations here at the office for people with laptops, they work well, but they come from dell, since our company primarily buys the comps from them. Thus far the docking stations haven't had any problems that I've heard of (3+ years)