CPU over 90 celsis

SidoLevente

Honorable
Feb 15, 2012
Hy there,

ive recently bought an MSI GE620DX, no overclocking or tweaking of any kind and during gaming CPU goes over 90 celsius and usually the programs freeze after serveral minutes. Im using an CM Storm 19 stricke force cooler.

Is there anything i could do about it, since it is advertised as a gaming notebook, but it seems that they didnt care much about the cooling, which is typical for MSI anyway.

Any help or advice would be appriciated.

Best regards

Levente Sidó

nukemaster

Distinguished
because it is a notebook chip, it should NOT be crashing at 90(Even Asus notebooks with very good coolers get into the 80s). That cpu does have an Intel rating for 100c past that it should start to clock down and shut off at one point. How hot does the video card run? Do you get an error when it freezes?

http://ark.intel.com/products/52219/Intel-Core-i7-2630QM-Processor-%286M-Cache-2_00-GHz%29

Just want to make sure that cooling pad is in fact blowing air under the laptop and not sucking air away from the bottom? By the reviews it should.

SidoLevente

Honorable
Feb 15, 2012

thanks for your answer, in fact the GPU is doing pretty fine since im using the chill pad, 80 degrees under maximum load, but the cpu is still very hot, with my new Strike Force cooler it usually settles at 90, but Battlefield 3 unleashes the evil no matter what, even at lowest graphics settings and lowest resolution

btw which do you think is the best cooling pad around, i was looking at the Antec 200 but than i turned to this pricey cooler master, since i still have the option to take it back to the store any advice would be greatly appriciated on this subject

nukemaster

Distinguished
Honestly, the coolermaster one should be fine(you can move the fans so they push air onto the intakes). Who makes a laptop that can not cool it self?

I have never used a cooling bad. My old Compaq(R3000) had 2 fans and never got hot at all, but it does not have the power of your system(but had a more power hungry cpu).