Can anyone suggest me a laptop

Heavensea1810

Honorable
Feb 11, 2012
Hi everyone, I am looking for a laptop in the UK and would be happy to receive any suggestion. Here are the details:

1. What is your budget?
less than 530GBP. Max is 570GBP

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15inch. and number pad is a must cuz I work with MATLAB and EXCEL a lot

3. What screen resolution do you want?
Doesn't affect me much

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Portable (a must)

5. How much battery life do you need?
as long the weight <3kg then that's fine (cuz I need to carry around.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Starcraft 2: medium
Fifa12, PES12: higher is better
Dota: high

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Skype (extremely heavy user of skype)
MS Office, MATLAB (need those to be open quickly)
Chrome (open around 20-30 tabs at the same time)
Adobe Reader Pro, may use Foxit if it's better (open 20-30 windows at the same time)
C++ (Occasionally)

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
From 320GB.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Any highly recommended site or high street retailer would do

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
5 years or more

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
DVD R/RW

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Any well-knowed brand is fine. for example: I have seen a brand name MSI and wonder what is it?!?!

13. What country do you live in?
Mainland England

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
for the processor, I prefer core I5 or above or AMD A6 or above but if I3 or A4 or phenom does the job then it's alright :)

Thank you for your help ;)

Solution
You copy/paste that in every thread, what you should say is a laptop won't come close to a desktop for the price. Although it doesn't really help the op.

At that price you should be able to find an i5 with a 540m, I don't know many deals in the uk but this is all I found in a couple of minutes. It's an a8 though. http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/gbweb/LenovoPortal/en_GB/catalog.workflow:category.details?current-catalog-id=FD6DB49790C7411D933567FC361231FB&current-category-id=4EB6B9BCB2512C39E3287A99EF47829D&action=init

k1114

Distinguished
You copy/paste that in every thread, what you should say is a laptop won't come close to a desktop for the price. Although it doesn't really help the op.

At that price you should be able to find an i5 with a 540m, I don't know many deals in the uk but this is all I found in a couple of minutes. It's an a8 though. http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/gbweb/LenovoPortal/en_GB/catalog.workflow:category.details?current-catalog-id=FD6DB49790C7411D933567FC361231FB&current-category-id=4EB6B9BCB2512C39E3287A99EF47829D&action=init

Solution

Heavensea1810

Honorable
Feb 11, 2012
I don't need a gaming laptop. I occasionally play SC2 and rarely play Dota so any resolution for those 2 should be fine. Though I play Fifa12 and PES12 more often, those games' requirements are not really demanding.

And I definitely don't play GPU-demanding games like BF3, Skyrim, Anno...

Heavensea1810

Honorable
Feb 11, 2012

i have tried to check that one one but seems like they mistakenly place it there, I couldn't buy it (out of stock or offer expired or sth)

So any more suggestion anyone?

k1114

Distinguished
It's working for me, it goes to checkout billing page. Or is it saying it after that? Other than that, there are plenty a6 in that price range. I don't know anywhere in the uk except for ebuyer. And everything is overpriced there.

Heavensea1810

Honorable
Feb 11, 2012

It's after that. i emailed them the problem and their reply said they would fix it soon. And You are right, a little quote "things in the UK and the US have the same price tag, just different currency!"...

TRENDING THREADS