Looking For A Gaming Laptop Under $700

Kendosis

Honorable
Feb 10, 2012
1. What is your budget?

Under $600 but I'll be willing to pay $700 max.

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

Any size above a mini notebook.

3. What screen resolution do you want?

Doesn't matter.

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

Doesn't matter.

5. How much battery life do you need?

2 hours or higher.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

The only game I will be playing is Dragon Nest Online, I'd prefer it be able to play it on max settings.

Here are the recommended specs to play the game:

specs.png

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)

Nothing out of the ordinary, just web surfing.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?

Anything above 100GB would be fine.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

Any site would be fine but I'd prefer either Amazon or Dell.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?

3+ Years, I usually spend 4-5 hours a day on my computer.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

Doesn't matter.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

Any brand would be fine.

13. What country do you live in?

United States Of America.

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

As long as the computer is able to play Dragon Nest Online at full settings I'd be happy. It doesn't have to be a top of line PC because I don't plan on playing any other games.

Hello Kendosis;

The recommended specs mentions a Nvidia 8000 series card. Do you know which 8000 series card is need to run on high graphics settings?

A couple options in your price range:
Lenovo IdeaPad Z570$580
Core i3 2330M(2.20GHz) CPU, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, 15.6" 1366x768 LCD w/ GeForce GT 520M graphics
Toshiba Satellite L755 15" Notebook $700
Core i5 2430M(2.40GHz) CPU, 4GB RAM. 640GB HDD, 15.6" 1366x758 LCD w/ NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M graphics

Kendosis

Honorable
Feb 10, 2012
I'm not much of a computer person so I'm not sure which card out of the 8000 series is required to play on full settings but I'm guessing the latest or any version that came out in 2011.

Kendosis

Honorable
Feb 10, 2012
Crap ok thanks, guess I'll have to settle for medium graphics can't really step out of 700 since that's already pushing it a bit far for me. I'll give the dragon nest forums a check. Thanks for the help again, I'm most likely gonna end up buying that Toshiba :)