Information about Ultrabooks?

nohackmove

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
Hello, i have just realised a few info about ultrabooks. and it is mentioned that they all have long lasting batteries more then 5 hrs. is it real?
and i realy want to learn about gpu chip set. is it enough for some sort of games. which i mean is games that are mostly working with web clients.
for example league of legends or knight online.

it says intel HD 3000 Graphics. is it enough for playing games.

i am interested on ultrabooks because of their long lasting batteries and thin design. but it would be great if it let me play a few games on it in my free times.

thanks form now for your response.

Solution
It can vary by model and the battery that is installed in that model. But yes, the Ultrabooks do have models that last more than 5 hours. This is also true of some non-ultra notebooks and laptops.

Ultrabook Showdown: Which is the Best?

Battery-Life.png
Most games yes. It does fine with all the usual 2D games, flash and java based games.
3D games? Not so much - it's about the same level as a basic entry level GeForce 410M or Radeon Mobility HD 5450.

nohackmove

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
so it is fine for the games i typed. i wonder how the graphic card working. is it have its own ram module. or is it sharing it from computers ram?
it depends on that answer to understand is it enough or not?

i also planning to do some business stuff with it. study on C# programs. and a bit about networking duties. is good or bad to choose ultrabook?

nohackmove

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
Although i have a desktop at home. i have a netbook. lenovo s10-2 series. it has battery life more than 4 hours. but as you can understand it is too way slow and small.

i wish ultrabook will be a good choice. but still need every discussion and advices i get.

Hi :)

I own a laptop repair company....

We tested a laptop recently that a customer had bought from a large retail group in the UK...

He was complaining that he was PROMISED the battery would last a MINIMUM of 5 hours....

We tested it and found running defrag only we got 1 hour 58 minutes....

He went back an complained as it was under a month old and they gave him a brand new battery.... we tested it again....it lasted 2 hours and 1 minute....

As a general rule, concerning manufacturers battery time promises....think 25% to 35% of what they promise... it wont be far out.....

All the best Brett :)