Laptop for light gaming and college

volzear418

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2010
1. What is your budget?
$500-$750

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
I'm not sure if this is screen size or overall size. I don't care about overall size so much, but I would like a 15-17 inch screen. (Prefer 17 if possible)

3. What screen resolution do you want?
Whatever resolutions come with either of those two screen sizes.

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
I might take it to class for notes, but mostly it will be a desktop replacement.

5. How much battery life do you need?
A few hours at most. I won't be gaming on the go so it will be set to maximize battery life.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Mostly World of Warcraft with some League of Legends/Team Fortress 2 mixed in. Medium-High settings are okay. (I currently have a 9800GT on my Desktop, so I'd like to stay around that level, although a small downgrade is fine)

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Just internet browsing, note taking and general computing.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
200gig+

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
I don't have any preference.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
I'll keep it as long as possible. It all depends on my job/money situation during school.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
DVD ROM is okay.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
No brand preference, whatever works for the cost.

13. What country do you live in?
USA

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I will be buying this laptop either in a few weeks when I get my tax returns, or during this summer when I have time to work extra hours.