Acer aspire one AOD255, Wont POST after screen replacement

layneruley

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
So i bought a AOD255 last year and everything went great till right at 6 months, When the warrenty runs out, the screen just COMPLETEY breaks. So i wait another six months then i finally decide to replace the screen. Well i got my new screen today. Plugged it in, plugged the computer up and now it wont post. All i get is the power light, power button light and the battery light orange. I tried external monitors and without the batter and i get nothing. THe hard drive spins up for a few seconds then spins down. Its the correct screen according to the modle numbers and the plug was the right one. I also tried a different ram stick and it didnt help. Any help pleasE?

paul1149

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2012
Disconnect the new screen and try the external monitor. Hopefully you didn't cross any wires with the installation. This sounds suspiciously like my own thread here two days ago. I suppose the next step would be to pull the HDD. If you suspect the 40 pin video plug, you may have to disconnect the video cord at the MB header. But there's a chance the damage is already done at the MB.

davefernandez77

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
I have a similar problem. I had a broken screen, replaced that and got a white screen when turned on. Then I thought it was the flex video cable, also replaced that and still getting the same white screen. I tried that screen on another laptop of same model and works just fine, so it is not a defective unit. I could really use your opinions because Im out of ideas. Oh and I also connected and external monitor and the laptop works just fine, so I don't think there's a problem with the GPU. Please someone help me! hahaha