Need help trying to find out how much to sell my laptop for.

wwilhel

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2012
Hello,
I have a Toshiba Satellite L640 that i bought in July of 2010. It has the i5 core processor 2.4 GHz, windows 7, 4GB RAM. I'm not much of a computer person, so I need some help in this are. I got a new laptop and don't need my old one anymore, I was wondering how much I should sell mine for. Any Ideas?

geofelt

Distinguished
Go to e-bay, and search for a used laptop just like yours.
Then filter to look at the completed auctions only. In green, you will see what laptops like yours actually sold for. In red will be what did not sell.

Don't expect too much.

It won't be too much because it uses the 1st generation core i5 CPU and most likely has the older Intel GMA 4500m graphics core which is rather weak compared to the current Intel HD 3000 graphics core found in current 2nd gen. Sandy Bridge i3/i5/i7 CPUs.

There are no Toshiba Satellite L640 currently being auctioned or available for a direct purchase. Back when it was new it probably sold for as low as around $600. I've seen a 2nd gen i5 laptop with the Intel HD 3000 graphics core selling for $500 - $525 when on sale. At best $300 is probably what you can get for it.