Looking for a 15.6" gaming laptop, FAQs

alduflo

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012
He everyone, I'm new here. I've been looking around for a new laptop for gaming but my main limitation is size. Since I also have to use whatever laptop I buy for school and my other activities as well, I need something more on the portable side.

1. What is your budget?

Up to $2000

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

Strictly up to 15.6" inches, or anything close.

3. What screen resolution do you want?

A decent screen resolution, ideally with an LED display.

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

I need this laptop to be more on the portable side, not too cumbersome or clunky.

5. How much battery life do you need?

Doesn't matter, although higher than 6 hours would be nice.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

Yes, I'm looking for a gaming laptop. I play a lot of graphics-intensive games, and I'd like to play them as close to the highest graphics settings with as high a frame rate as possible.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)

Just basic school/life related things, writing essays, editing pictures/video, playing music yadda yadda

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?

1TB

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?

I would like to not have to buy another computer for at least 3 or 4 years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

13. What country do you live in?

United States

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

I'd like a very powerful computer! But I'm having trouble one that is within my size limit.

alduflo

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012
Hi, I actually came upon the Sager NP8150 myself while doing a quick search myself. I customized to to my liking, all came in at around $1750 and at 15.6". I purchased it directly from the Sager website. The computer hasn't actually arrived yet, it should come during the week, but I would recommend Sager for anyone looking for a custom laptop with specific needs! Thanks for the reply.