Distinguished
Oct 11, 2011
1. What is your budget?
roughly 700

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? open

3. What screen resolution do you want? open

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? open

5. How much battery life do you need? 4 hours when not gaming

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Id like to play skyrim, BF3, diablo 3, maybe witcher 2 if possible all on med to low settings as long as it plays fluently.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) graphic programs like photoshop and corel.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 250+

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 4years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? dvd rom +

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

13. What country do you live in?
Us

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

Im looking for a laptop to play games on as well as do programming and light graphic design

should have:
dual core or better
4gigs of ram
dedicated graphics card 1g+ pref More than 1g

however would like to find the best gaming laptop i can find for my budget.
I was able to find this laptop would it be able to handle the games id like to play fluently or is there a better deal out there?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834230132

sravencross

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2011
The coupon for the Dell xps 17 is only 100 instead of 150 bringing the price to 742.99 still not a bad deal i think.

would the GT 550M graphics work fluently with the games id like to play and for newer games coming out? I know nothing about graphic cards and not sure how long it will solidly preform before having to be updated with a better card.

On low settings - yes they would. Except possibly Witcher 2 - not sure what's up with this game. Might be some driver issues yet because it exceeds the minimums, easily.
And you could probably run some (Skyrim for example) on medium settings.

Future games should be playable for several years, at least on low settings. But you can't upgrade a laptop graphics card like you can a desktop gaming system.

GeForce GT 550M review
http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GT-550M.42264.0.html