Office laptop for 450$ core2 or i3

solidgranite

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2012
Hello,
Im long time T41 user, but it is getting old and slow and i want to switch.

With that money, i am looking for Lenovo T400, or R-series with med-high end Core2duo, about 4gb of ram, 160gb hdd.....

or for example Toshiba Satellite C660-1TE

15.6" LED HD TrueBrite Steel Gray, Intel Core i3 2310M 2.10GHz, 2GB DDR3, 320GB HDD, SM DL DVD, Bluetooth, WLAN 802.11b/g/n, 2xUSB2.0, VGA port, CardReader, WebCam, 6 cell batt, 2.54kg, Numeric kbd, DOS

+ 2GB of extra mem.

Main activities for this pc will be surfing the web, msn, office, maybe later some accounting programs. Im well aware, that i3 has impressive onboard graphics solution, but im not planning to play anything else other than HD videos from youtube :)

Larger screen is a plus, mobility is not an issue, because laptop is a desktop replacement for me and i wont be needing to carry it around.

I also know, that Thinkpad series and Toshiba Satellite are not meant for same group of people, but is Toshiba build quality really that bad?

Looking for some constructive answers.
Thanks.

inanition02

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2011
I have a satellite (A series) that has been powered on on my coffee table and in daily use for hours for about 2 years with no sign of slowing down. It's not quite as portable as my work ThinkPad, but I like using it more.