Need help finding the right laptop....

aarnoldupenn

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2011
Thanks for helping me, I broke my old laptop 2 days ago, and have been searching all over for the perfect replacement.

I want a AMD Quad with good graphic card. 17"+ is a mandatory. Dual Hard Drives is a nice plus too.

NO INTEL!

1. What is your budget?
< $1000 before tax

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
17"

3. What screen resolution do you want?
Doesn't matter

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
dont care

5. How much battery life do you need?
dont care

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
SWTOR SC2

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
This will be used for work too. Heavy office use, photoshop.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
dont care, but 2 hard drives would be nice.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
dont care

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
dont care

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
DVD ROM/Writer

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
anything but HP

13. What country do you live in?
USA

Pinhedd

Distinguished
AMD's mobile division is as far behind Intel's mobile division as the desktop division is. The Fusion processors featured in most laptops are "meh" at best.

I very highly recommend going with an Asus gaming notebook. It will cost you a few hundred dollars (you can get a very nice one for 1200-1300 dollars) more but it will be more comfortable, more powerful and more enjoyable than any of the gateway / toshiba / HP craptops that you will find at Best Buy.