Bought a new laptop and need help with cleaning it up

Orgazia

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2007
So i bought an Asus A53T, it runs awesome and everything but there is so much useless crap that came installed with it.. Which ones should i keep and which one i should get rid off.

Here is the list of programs that i have no idea what to do with them:
Asus AI Recovery
Asus FancyStart
Asus LifeFrame3
Asus Live Update
Asus Power4Gear Hybrid
Asus SmartLogon
Asus Splendid Video Enhancement Tech
Asus USB Charger Plus
Asus Virtual Camera
Asus WebStorage
Asus_Screensaver
AsusVibe2.0
Fast Boot
WinFlash
Wireless Console 3

Atheros Client Installation Program

Control AxtiveX de Windows Live Mesh para conexiones remtaos x5 (in different lagnauges)

Sonic Focus
Syncables Desktop SE

If you can help me with sorting some of these out, i'd cry from happiness!!

Thank you in advance :D

duxducis

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2007
start it up see what it does, if you newer plan on using it remove it.

The programs that start up with windows are priority to remove or disable auto start,

click start and type in msconfig go to start-up tab see what wants to run (be careful not to unchecked something useful like firewall or antivirus)
if program simply installed and does not run on start-up its pretty much harmless just takes a little space on drive

G

It's totally user desired and need what user want?

Well,I'll recommend to install all ASUS software and utilities,these all utilities are dedicated to enhance user experience.Where some of them are essential also to give you a complete ASUS experience like Fast boot(nice utility),Power 4Gear Hybrid(allow to manage your power settings in real time mode),Live Update,Smart Logon,Webstorage(which provides some free cloud storage) etc.