T2310 Inter Processor Upgrade

adrian2055

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2010
Hello,

I received a Toshiba Satellite L45-S7409 laptop for Christmas and I'm interested in upgrading the processor. It has a Intel T2310 1.46 GHz dual core processor and I want to know what my upgrade options are. Any help is appreciated.

Extra Info (if needed):

2nb5000.jpg

You can add this as another option:
Celeron M 570 2.2Ghz

There won't be any graphics upgrade options with that motherboard.

Do you have any idea where the laptop was bought, how much it was (and what that stores return policy on laptops is?)

adrian2055

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2010
Hi WR2,

Thanks for the fast reply. I was told that it came from a local resale shop so I'm pretty sure it only has a 60-90 day warranty and I don't know the original purcahase date so it may have expired. I didn't get any paper work or the receipt either. I was told that the laptop cost about $150 including sales tax. Thanks for the link and the suggestions. I will get a T4500 off eBay since they are so cheap. Thank you so much for this info. You've been a HUGE help to me.

adrian2055

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2010
I had to revisit this thread for a second. I was going to purchase the upgrades today, but now I'm wondering if the upgrades will be enough or are they simply pointless. I know many people are moving to computers with more than 2 cores/large amounts of ram and and I'm sure software makers will start utilizing additional cores/ram as well. This laptop is kinda limited since it can only have 2GB ram and a 2.3Ghz dual core processor and pretty much stuck on 32-Bit since a 64-Bit OS would probably run very slow with teh small amount of ram. If I install these upgrades will it be able to handle certain things like HD Video Conversion/Editing...etc with up to date versions of Pinnacle Studio and other programs like it, Blu-ray Disc Playback/Burning (if I choose to install a blu-ray burner in the future), Music Editing and Adobe Programs (CS3 and up)?