How to remove hard disk drive hp mini 210-1084tu pc

nathnshp

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2012
Hello,
can someone help me physically how to remove/change the hard disk drive in HP Mini 210-1084TU PC (ATOM) ?

Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

I had to work on of these a few months back and still have the shell sitting here so I can tell you to look at the front and slightly underneath so you can see the crack you have to widen by prying it gently open. Ignore the feet; that's all they are - no hidden screws as I once thought. :D

Once you've got that lower panel off, look along the UI JK NM line of keys to get a feel for the centre line of the hard drive. The disk sits under the black label with all the CE and other standards logos then ease the SATA cable away to the left while pulling upwards on the black tab on the right.

I'd love to say "refitting is the reverse of the above" but it isn't. These little rats are put together by tiny Korean fingers which are the only tools ever to put them together a second time. To get the bottom panel back on, you need to flex the centre line and locate the push on fittings back and front first before relaxing the centre line again.

The reason I still have the thing is because it came in for a replacement screen but it started to catch fire and I ended up having to replace the whole unit at a loss. Never again! You're welcome to any spares (not the screen) if you're in the UK.