Convertable tablet for under $200

ikesmasher

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2011
I am looking for a convertable tablet for under $200. this is going to hold me off until i get a decent desktop in a few months , and i wont really think when i get that desktop that i will really desperatly need another laptop until i go to college in two years.
I was looking at the HP TC4400.
However, this will have a primary usage for entertainment (and some really novice photoshop and drawing stuff) and im just worried about getting something with a GMA 950. From my experience those things cant even play halo well (and i play halo occasionally). i will be listening to music, and probably have seasons of a FEW tv shows on it as well (and quite frankly, the tc4400 is ugly. not that i care that much)

I would really appreciate being able to play some older games (and maybe even some newer games on lowest possible settings, though i doubt it), and the GMA 950 does not cut it.
I found one with a FX go 5200, but apparently thats pretty much the same thing.
And i dont want an ipad because you cant really find those for $200 for some reason and i just kind of want windows. An ipad feels more like an accessory/gadget.
most of them, im assuming, have pressure sensitivity.

So i was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

ikesmasher

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2011

oh, and if i must, i will update according to standards of posting when im not on a tiny handheld.

ikesmasher

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2011
Um anyone? i kinda need to get something very soon.
I was going leaning toward the TC4400 at this point. Cant really find anything else with a better video unit for the same price. Do tablets (this one in particular) have wireless styluses?

ikesmasher

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2011
well, i wasent really looking for a new one....lol...the TC4400 is in that range and honestly, i find it hard to believe there isn't anything that doesnt have some sort of decent graphics.

Hi :)

Just looked at that...a 5 years old tablet is not going to play games...unless you like freecell...

I still think your budget is not applicable for anything with decent graphics though....

All the best Brett :)