Did I get a good deal?

dschulz

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011
I just bought a laptop on ebay for $330. It's a dell inspiron 1564 with a core i3 330m processor, 4gb memory ,250gb hdd, webcam, 15.6" screen, dvd-rw drive, and windows 7 home premium. I thought it was a great deal, but wanted to see what you guys thought of it and if anyone had one. I kno it got good reviews but I wanted other opinions. Thanks!

Solution
Seems quite good, yes. It doesn't have a graphics card, though, so it won't be able to run any kind of games. For normal stuff, though, for web browsing and word processing, it'll be good.

kajabla

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2011
Seems quite good, yes. It doesn't have a graphics card, though, so it won't be able to run any kind of games. For normal stuff, though, for web browsing and word processing, it'll be good.

Solution

dschulz

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011
It's used, but in good shape according to the listing. No warranty as far as I can tell, but I've never really had any computer trouble. As for usage, just everyday stuff and i was thinking eventually some light gaming after some upgrades, if possible. I saw another thread that said i could go to a core i5 or i7 if I wanted to. If it has no gfx card, is there one I could get eventually?

kajabla

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2011

...so you won't have any in the future? That doesn't make sense. Hardware issues have nothing to do with the person using the machine.

It's generally not feasible to install a graphics card in a laptop.

dschulz

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011
Thats alright, this laptop will still keep me happy for quite a while. One of the main reasons I got it was for college since I'm a junior now. Btw, the chip is bga?

dschulz

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011
Too bad. Oh well, if I ever need an upgrade, I guess I can just sell it and buy new one. For now I think I'll be happy. If a mod wants to close this topic, feel free.