Solved! Help Deciding on a Laptop (Gaming + School)

Titan 7887

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
Hello,

I have a choice between 3 laptops on Newegg that are all similarly priced, I was hoping for some external opinions about what one would be the best for the money and offer the best performance?

I am currently choosing between:

TOSHIBA Satellite P755-S5392 15.6" Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit Notebook (i7, NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M)

ASUS N53 Series N53SN-XV1 15.6" Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Notebook (i5, NVIDIA GeForce GT 550M)

HP dv6-6180us 15.6" Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit Notebook (i7, AMD Radeon HD 6770M switchable graphics)

Each computer costs less than $850.00

I was wondering which one of the above would offer me good quality and durability (I don't drop things, just want a laptop that doesn't wear out quickly or is know for poor build quality) Along with this I was hoping to play Star Craft 2 on medium settings and maybe Shogun 2 on lower settings. Would these graphics cards be able to handle that?

I have looked at Notebookcheck.net for a lot of benchmarks for each of these cards, and they all seem to do fairly well, but the hp seems to pull ahead. When it comes to clock speed the i5 offers the highest at 2.4ghz, but I was wondering if the quad-core i7s would out-perform this?

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

Solution
ASUS (usually my brand of recommendation along with Lenovo), but the HP is also good (the dv6 line is not problematic and quite solid).

If you don't drop things, just go with the one with the best performance per dollar. If you drop things, I don't think even the ASUS can handle the abuse.

Pyree

Distinguished
ASUS (usually my brand of recommendation along with Lenovo), but the HP is also good (the dv6 line is not problematic and quite solid).

If you don't drop things, just go with the one with the best performance per dollar. If you drop things, I don't think even the ASUS can handle the abuse.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS