I am Another Guy looking to by a laptop !!!!!!!

gaaara

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2010
hi guys !!

1. What is your budget? 800-1000$

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15.6"

3. What screen resolution do you want? hd , full hd

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? not really

5. How much battery life do you need? 3-4 hours...more the better :p

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? yea !!!! games like skyrim, crysis, bf3 etc ( u get the idea)

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) CAD

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 500gb at least

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 4-5yrs maybe till my grad

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? doesnt matter

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

(i checked out hp dv6-6170se, dv6-6070, lenovo y570)

lookin for i7 2630qm or 2670qm
im looking for 4gb ram for now should be 1*4
hd 6770m or gt 555m would be preferd
good build quality, durability for 4 years atleast :p and less heating issues ;P

13. What country do you live in? United Arab Emirates...so not many models available here :p

so thats it...guys please suggest me the right one and help me out...i wanna buy the lappie fast!!!

thnx!!!

Solution
Grab the Lenovo Y570. Its pretty cheap and relatively good build quality compared to other laptop offerings in dubai. But its around 4000 Dhs if my memory serves right which is slightly above you limit. Try looking for the ASUS N53/N55 models, I saw them on a offer at jumbo last month. Happy hunting.

Dubai is a barren desert, maybe not in terms of water but in terms of electronics currently. :D

Good luck!
Gaming and 3-4 hour battery life are mutually exclusive.

The Clevo 151HM would be my recommendation ....starts at about $950 and can be custom built to your specifications

http://forum.notebookreview.com/sager-clevo/91510-clevo-guide-v2-0-faq-reseller-info.html

CLEVO is a large Taiwanese computer company specializing in laptops. While the Clevo brand name is perhaps not widely known, their products are re-branded and sold by known boutique brand OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers)… notably Sager, VoodooPC, Falcon Northwest, Eurocom, etc.
They are also considered (by whoever knows about notebooks) to design and manufacturer the best of the best notebooks in terms of superior build quality and innovative designs.

That FAQ has been updated and you should be able to find a current list of distributors here:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/sager-clevo/592609-clevo-guide-v3-0-faq-reseller-info-read-before-posting.html

hotthree

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2011
Seems like you know the specs you want/need. It's not hard after that to see if the laptop has those specs. Lenovo makes a good laptop. If you are suggesting those are the only two in your area.

I personally like dell/sony (more expensive)/acer/asus, but im not sure if those are available. Im not gonna do the grunt work of looking up if they are or not.

I'd suggest buying an extra 4gig of memory online if possible..don't buy from seller of laptop its a huge markup.

djridonkulus

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2011
ACER Aspire 7750G-6871 ~$700 CDN (I wonder if they can ship to UAE...)

Radeon HD 6850M - amazing mobile graphics card for the money
Intel i5-2410M - 2nd gen i5 is better on battery

It's 17" unfortunately but it is very thin and very light (I bought one recently because it was a really good system for the price) so it is not too bulky. It even has USB 3.0. Like the above poster said, the battery isn't going to last long when you game, but outlets are everywhere. When my fiancee uses it for light browsing it lasts her 2 - 3 hours.

Here's the link for it in Canada:
http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=710_577_371&item_id=040902

Here's the link for Acer's website where you may find it internationally:
http://www.acer.ca/ac/en/CA/content/models/aspire

perfectblue

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2011
Grab the Lenovo Y570. Its pretty cheap and relatively good build quality compared to other laptop offerings in dubai. But its around 4000 Dhs if my memory serves right which is slightly above you limit. Try looking for the ASUS N53/N55 models, I saw them on a offer at jumbo last month. Happy hunting.

Dubai is a barren desert, maybe not in terms of water but in terms of electronics currently. :D

Good luck!

Solution