Why wont my acer aspire 5250 connect to any wifi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawnk_39

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
i have a brand new Acer Aspire 5250 and it will not connect to any wifi. no matter how close i am to the router. i have reinstalled the drivers even and still nothing. can anyone help me? i am most likely gonna call Acer within next couple days.

Solution
Is your router configured to only allow certain MAC addresses to connect to it (and access the newtork/Internet)? If so, you may need to add the MAC address of your wireless adapter into the MAC tables in your router.

Also, what type, if any, encryption are you using? And, is it your network?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Is your router configured to only allow certain MAC addresses to connect to it (and access the newtork/Internet)? If so, you may need to add the MAC address of your wireless adapter into the MAC tables in your router.

Also, what type, if any, encryption are you using? And, is it your network?

Solution

shawnk_39

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
i have allowed it through my mac filtering, but i have tried it on many different networks and it wont connect to any. it says connections are available and i click them and it says cannot connect. it is not a network problem.

TyoAtrosa

Honorable
Jan 10, 2013
Move the black antenn a wire from the white antenna port on the network card to the black antenna port on the network card. it is located underneath the cover where the hard drive and RAM is located. I did this on my laptop and went to working perfectly. I hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.