How to fix a vertical line on my screen laptop

joecauchi2000

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2011

Acer ASpire 3500 and if I bend a little the screen it goes but as soon as I leave the screen it comes back.

G

The line is caused by the traces going bad in the video cable going from the LCD the the main board. They where out over time from the cable having to flex from opening and closing the lid. It will only get worse over time. You can get a new cable off of ebay for arounf $25.00. Depending on the laptop, depends on how hard it is to replace. I have done it many times.

joecauchi2000

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2011
I really want to thank you for your reply I will buy one cable from ebay and change it .I have already opened the screen out because I taught it could be the connections so to change it is no problem thank you .
Joseph Cauchi

G

I checked ebay and they are reletively cheap. $15-$20 dollars. One end goes to the back of the lcd, the other end (two connections)one to the mainboard the other to the inverter. Good luck!!

joecauchi2000

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2011
I am back again with my issue.Now that I received the cable and I have changed the cable it is still the same so now I cam to a conclussion that it is the LCD screen that have the problem but I want to be sure is there a way how?Another thing On external monitor is nice and clean so that means the mianboord and graphic card are OK and the cable I changed so left is the LCD Screen am I right or is there anything else I can do.Thank You

vinitvk007

Estimable
May 23, 2015
This problem occurs because of heating the graphix card.
shut down ur lappy and see.
otherwise remove RAM from ur lappy and clean it.