Solved! Need to awake Laptop from Standby twice

rnathbatra

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2010
Hello,

I have a IBM Thinkpad T43. The problem is that whenever I wake it up from standby/sleep mode. It works alright for a few seconds and then it again goes to standby on its own. :eek: . After i wake it up from sleep the second time, there is no problem and it works without a problem. I would like to add two things to this:

My laptop had a problem with the ATI graphic card and i got it repaired from a local laptop shop, he did something called reballing and it worked fine after that.

I upgrade my RAM from 1GB (two 512MB RAM modules) to 1.5 GB (1 GB + 512 module). Now the two DIMMs of 512 that I had were of the same brand while these two newer RAMs 1GB and 512 MB are of different brands.

Now I am thinking that either the repair person that opened the laptop has not put it back correctly or the mixing of the brands of RAM is a problem. Also, the laptop sometimes doesn't go to sleep when i close the lid

Would like to get views of the community in this regard.

Thanks!

Solution
Okay. Turns out that it was a battery issue. I used the laptop without the battery on AC power only and that issue did not occur. It even came back from standby much faster!

rnathbatra

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2010
Okay. Turns out that it was a battery issue. I used the laptop without the battery on AC power only and that issue did not occur. It even came back from standby much faster!

Solution