Acer Aspire 5739 Fingerprint Reader

Cirga

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2007
I spent quite a while looking at a friends laptop the other day, and I must admit it had me floored. The fingerprint reader on the Acer Aspire 5739 apparently does not have drivers that are compatible for Windows 7, thusly the biometric icon in control panel does not show up for configuration of the reader.

The reader installs in Device Manager as a Touchstrip Fingerprint Reader, and the software package from the Acer downloads website for the reader installs in windows as SPBA 5.8 by UPEK, Inc. However, there is no software installed that I can locate to configure the reader at all. I was hoping someone else might have an idea before I contact Acer directly (since that was a big hassle last time). Thoughts?

G

I have the same problem. I'm using TravelMate 5760 (win7) and installed bio fingerprints acer. :(. "There are no fingerprints readers attached to this computer or all the fingerprint readers are being used by programs." So annoying. I already installed fingerprints driver from website of Acer. But nothing changes.
Hope someone could help. :(