Dell inspiron 1545 boot problem

khatry

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2011
Hello,
Ihave to hit f1 key every time to boot win7 in my laptop. In bios internal hard disk is the first BS too. It says no boot device strike f1 to retry f2 for setup utility f5 for diag, After pressing f1 computer boots normally and no problem at all. Hard disk and other hardwarw passed alll DIAG and no such report also .. please help how to fix this problem.

khatry

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2011
Yes I did that too. when I insert non bootabe cd in the bay and set boot device cd/dvd first and hard disk second this error won't see and windows boots without pressing f1.

khatry

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2011

oh! sorry,
removed all other Bootable device from BIOS boot device except hard disk as yo said. I mean there is no boot errors seen when I set cd/dvd first and hard disk second in boot order in BIOS. Warranty has been expired also.
Thanks you jdenova! for your help.

MaxPtheGame

Honorable
Jan 15, 2014
try running a 32 bit diags on hdd. Using the dell driver dvd. It says resourse dvd.. or download it from dell support site, make a bootable dvd and boot from it.

try the custom test on hdd.. thats DST short test under SATA option... you get these option after you boot the system using disk.. go for 'test system' then choose custom test.. then it will show a list of h/w in the system. if the hdd test fails then we know hdd is bad. OR run MY Dell s/w from dell support site to the diags inside windows... though not recommended.

try OSRI on this hdd, or a known good hdd.

TRENDING THREADS