How can I cool down my Motion J3500 tablet?

BostonBob

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
I have a Motion J3500. Processor: i7. 4 GB Ram.

My computer gets really hot. Since it's a tablet and I am holding it in my hands quite often, it's uncomfortable. I have Real Temp 3.60 installed and even for relatively low use, just reading on Adobe Acrobat Reader, it can get above 60 C. It feels like I'm holding a little oven sometimes.

I feel that I would get just as much out of my tablet if it was running at half speed since I spend most of my time on it reading and annotating PDF's and using OneNote. I don't use it to do photoeditting, heavy computations or play games.

Is there a way to cool this model down so it runs half as fast, but doesn't give out so much heat?

I am open to hardware or software solutions.

AntiZig

Distinguished
This thing is running win7? I'd check your power saving options and set it to power saving profile. It will turn down the cpu and components a bit, might help your case.

also, I cannot tell from pictures but does it have any air vents? if yes, try to blow the dust out as feasible.

I'm not sure how feasible it is to underclock the thing

BostonBob

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
Yes. Windows 7.

The vent for cooling is on the opposite side of the tablet opposite from the side where the power button is.

If you look at this pic, http://electronicsplace.net/products_pictures/J3500b.jpg; You can see two oval shapes on the side that kind of look like vents. Those aren't the vent. However, it's in a similar position to the one closest to the buttons, but on the side not shown.

Is there any software solution that would cap the amount of CPU cycles any program is allowed to use?