Solved! Amd processor equivalent to intel i3 processor

Solution

what is your budget?
for multi-tasking and CAD, you'd benefit from a tri-core or higher with a good amount of ram. if you don't overclock your cpu then a core i5 2400 and higher with 8+ gb ram would be good for you. from amd's...

de5_Roy

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011

depends on the task you want your processor to perform.
for example sandy bridge core i3 is equivalent to phenom ii x4 (980 and lower), fx 6100 and lower processors in terms of gaming at 1080p, with a mid range gfx card like hd 6850 and higher.
in another case, core i3 is equivalent to ph ii x2 and athlon x2 because they all have 2 cores (not taking into account the possibility to unlock cores in dual core amd cpus) and lag behind quad core processors in tasks that demand 4 cores or more e.g. transcoding.

theuniquegamer

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011
If its in gaming the phenom ii x4 955 be stands toe to toe with i3 2100 even better due to unlocked multiplier . If you don't want to oc then i3 is good. In also threaded app 955 is better

vorabv

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2011
Thanks all for helping me. To be more clear, the applications I generally use my PC for is all MS Office Applications, Adobe Premier, Photoshop, Acrobat, Designer and also customized Business and Accounting Softwares. In addition to that I also use AUTOCAD and CorelDRAW X3 and / or equivalent softwares. I also do a lot of Internet Surfing with multiple browsers open and multiple tabs in each browser open simultaneously. Can you please suggest me a suitable processor for these tasks both in INTEL and AMD?.

de5_Roy

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011

what is your budget?
for multi-tasking and CAD, you'd benefit from a tri-core or higher with a good amount of ram. if you don't overclock your cpu then a core i5 2400 and higher with 8+ gb ram would be good for you. from amd's side, you have older ph ii x3, x4, x6 cpus, and newer fx 41xx, 61xx, 81xx to choose from. amd's cpus usually consume more power than intel's. current fx cpus use more power than their intel counterparts.
if you're building a new pc, fill this up
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261222-31-build-advice

Solution