Solved! Considering new Laptop

alcapone1919

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2011
I was considering buying a new laptop, after some looking around I found this one (http://www.sagernotebook.com/index.php?page=product_info&model_name=NP5175) sager NP5175. I don't know much about what to really look for, still trying to understand all of the numbers. Anyways ...

1. What is your budget?
Not more than [strike]$1,200[/strike] edit $1500

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Any size, I currently have a 17.3"

3. What screen resolution do you want?
A good one?

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
desktop replacement

5. How much battery life do you need?
none important

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Minecraft, Portal 2, TF2, C&C red alert 3, possibly skyrim and such new games

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
surfing internet, probably video editing, Autodesk inventor CAD program

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
500 GB is good

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
out of some research, sager but i am open

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
Several years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
a normal optical drive

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
no preference

13. What country do you live in?
USA

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I would like the laptop to be quiet

Any black friday sale apreciated but not needed
Thanks in advance to any help

Solution
Consider the MSI barebone 1761. See the reviews here. It has the best graphic card 570M for a laptop under $1200. There are many re-sellers like powerpro, xoticpc, etc who offer these kind of customised laptops.
Read the reviews, compare with SAGER, ASUS, MSI. All these have cheap laptop models with GTX level cards (560M/570M..) and these are necessary for high settings and high resolution gaming. The quietest of all would be an ASUS i my opinion (G73/G74/G53). But you will only get the last models below $1200. Latest models are expensive.

Good luck!

perfectblue

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2011
Consider the MSI barebone 1761. See the reviews here. It has the best graphic card 570M for a laptop under $1200. There are many re-sellers like powerpro, xoticpc, etc who offer these kind of customised laptops.
Read the reviews, compare with SAGER, ASUS, MSI. All these have cheap laptop models with GTX level cards (560M/570M..) and these are necessary for high settings and high resolution gaming. The quietest of all would be an ASUS i my opinion (G73/G74/G53). But you will only get the last models below $1200. Latest models are expensive.

Good luck!

Solution