Solved! Toshiba L305D satellite no display won\'t boot (fan only)

Redrider1000

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2011
After zero problems, this morning the Toshiba laptop failed to boot or show anything on display. I've tried external monitors, removing battery and power and holding power switch before returning to AC only (nothing) and repeat attempts at booting to see if this is random. No success. It appears the HD never spools up, I have power and battery/AC lights on but that's it.
Any tricks or tips? Mother board is what my hardware buddy said, but I was wondering if maybe OS issues? I'm no Linux guy, but heard there's a possibility there on booting from USB?

Thanks!

Solution
yeah you can boot from USB, take the HDD out once and see if your computer posts (welcome to toshiba..etc, or what ever the post screen is) if not, it is probably motherboard/heat related issue and some component failed, especially if it has a AMD cpu like a turion - actually those turion processors seem to do that allot.. not sure why though but ive seen more then 3 go bad and do that to the laptop, same symptoms, toshibas and HP's specifically.

kd0frg

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010
yeah you can boot from USB, take the HDD out once and see if your computer posts (welcome to toshiba..etc, or what ever the post screen is) if not, it is probably motherboard/heat related issue and some component failed, especially if it has a AMD cpu like a turion - actually those turion processors seem to do that allot.. not sure why though but ive seen more then 3 go bad and do that to the laptop, same symptoms, toshibas and HP's specifically.

Solution