Solved! Could not boot win 7 dvd

gvsprasad

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2011
Hi,
I am prasad. I tried to recover my laptop to factory default.
As I have the option in Acer Recovery.
The process started successfully, but failed at 54%, and showing some error.

Then I tried to boot from a dvd, Though I changed the priority order to DVD the dvd is not able to boot.
I tried Win 7 Ultimate & Home premium as well, but not showing "press any key to........"

I could not understand the problem.

Please anyone help me.

Thanking you,
Prasad.

Solution
you get "press any key to continue" when the machine detects a bootable disk, it lets you know that it can boot from yadda yadda (description of what the heck it will boot from, so you don't boot of some virus cd that you don't have any knowledge of)

if he's not getting that prompt it probably means his boot order isn't set correctly

kd0frg

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010
windows 7 boot installation dvds dont typically show "press any key to continue" do they? it should just boot straight from the dvd since your OS drive seems to be screwed up after a failure at 54%

Did you try running acer recovery again? or is that not an option?

AntiZig

Distinguished
you get "press any key to continue" when the machine detects a bootable disk, it lets you know that it can boot from yadda yadda (description of what the heck it will boot from, so you don't boot of some virus cd that you don't have any knowledge of)

if he's not getting that prompt it probably means his boot order isn't set correctly

Solution