Solved! My computer asus is sayin reboot and select proper boot device

NayeliNRicky

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2011
Hello, Last night I forgot to did not turn of my latop Asus. When I woke up in the morning it had this message on the screen Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected. I do not know how to fix it. The laptap is only 3 months old and I did not make a back disk.

Solution
Sounds like the HDD die. If you haven't make a backup disk, then sorry, you lost your data. You need to get professional data retrieval.

Get ASUS to swap out the HDD, you are still under warranty.

ASUS don't provide data recovery and they have to take your old HDD back to Seagate to claim a new HDD for your warranty. So, before sending it ASUS, ask them what procedure you need to get the old HDD back so you can send it to the data recovery.

Pyree

Distinguished
Sounds like the HDD die. If you haven't make a backup disk, then sorry, you lost your data. You need to get professional data retrieval.

Get ASUS to swap out the HDD, you are still under warranty.

ASUS don't provide data recovery and they have to take your old HDD back to Seagate to claim a new HDD for your warranty. So, before sending it ASUS, ask them what procedure you need to get the old HDD back so you can send it to the data recovery.

Solution

Pyree

Distinguished
^forgot that step.

Although I think the HDD is truly dead. I think ASUS is getting some of the worst HDD from Seagate.

Had the HDD on an ASUS die on me shortly after purchase and the replacement I have now as a seconadry HDD along with the SSD is on the way out (screeching noise). Just hope that it will last long enough until HDD price goes down. Don't worry about me, I have everything back up in triple redundancy.

NayeliNRicky

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2011
Thank you it was still under warranty. I tried to recover it with my desk top put it did not work. ;-( its ok now i know... I am going to get an external drive to back up everything. Thanks !