Free toshiba recovery cd download A305

DanielB3

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2011
Hello, I have a Toshiba Satellite A305-S6916. During my recovery process, (using the 0 key recovery option), during the CRC creation ... the Error Code 10-FA12-045D appears and is unable to go further. Then asks me to turn off the computer. Is there any remedy or other option available other than buying a new computer or having to pay to have it restored since Toshiba doesn't deem fit to supply purchasers with recovery disc(s)?

Not required if people follow their advice and create their own recovery CDs.

ss041.jpg

DanielB3

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2011
My wife has the exact same computer as I and using the suggestions of making a backup disc from the same computer. We purchased DVD+R to create the discs you mentioned to fix my computer, but when she tries to create her backup files will not allow her to transfer the necessary system files such as Vista, System Files, Program Files stored on the hard discs that are formatted using the FAT file system, Vista Service Pack 1 and so on ... so the only files that she can backup are her pics, music, videos, e-mails etc "her personal stuff". Please are there any suggestions how to procede? Thanks for your time and assistance.

DanielB3

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2011
The recovery program will not allow Vista, Program, System Files to be copied/recovered to the backup disc. There is no malware infection on her computer, her laptop runs perfectly. Can you recommend a specific site/place where she can download the recovery files needed for my system? Perhaps, we are not doing the process correctly. It seems a quite simple, perhaps we are just overlooking a specific detail .... lol ... I'm feeling a bit daft at the moment and could be attempting the incorrect download? Simply attempting to download the info from hers to mine and recover mine.

Apart from Toshiba I don't know any place to get a recovery disk that is certain won't be pre-infected with malware. "Free recovery disks" are a favorite way of hackers to get a free ride into someone's system.

megavolts61

Honorable
Mar 11, 2012

Hi wr2,
I hope you are still around as you seem to know a bit more than most on this subject of Toshiba laptops. I have a satellite A305-S6909 that was working for the most part, but I decided to take it back to out of the box state using the recovery disk sent to me by Toshiba. I'm getting an error 1--FC12-045D. I suspect this error is due to the fact that my system should be running the 64 bit version of vista home premium(for one reason, it has 4GB RAM and the 32 bit os cannot deal with more than 3GB). I have no reason to think that this is a hdd failure as it was not malfunctioning before I ran the recovery disk. Any thoughts?