Solved! $250 which netbook to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

123new

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2011
Hello, I know this is low cost, low performance, but what is the best netbook for $250? There is the ASUS Eee PC 1215B-MU17 12.1" at B&H for $259.

And Costco has Acer 11.6" (AMD C60, 4GB, 500GB, WIN7) for $250 Smaller screen, but more ram and disk.

Which would you choose? Thanks

Solution
The Acer is the better value. At that price you can expect the Asus keyboard to be 'about the same'.
The screen resolution for both is 1366x768 pixels so 11.6"/12.1" isn't going to make a difference.

andywork78

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011
good question but for my self, netbook or tablet.
after 2month of research i purchase tablet.
tablet + keyboard = netbook ~ lol
I am sorry can not give you best answer but even it's netbook more ram include netbook is better.

123new

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2011
Thanks for the feedback. Anyone care to comment on the keyboard differences? I tried the Acer at Target and it has more flex than I'd like, plus the water spash in the lid is a bit odd. I cannot find the ASUS locally, maybe I'll see if Fry's has one.

Thanks

CaedenV

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
I have had an acer netbook for a few years now and it is the perfect desktop companion! Sure, they dont do a whole lot, but it is built well (have droped it sever times with minimal/no damage), and they get great battery life. I mostly use mine to record stereo feeds off of sound boards when doing video projects (surprisingly clean input on mine that requires little noise reduction), as a portable HDD, or as a glorified MP3 player at home and work, but it also does well with the internet and simple flash games, and will do fine with open or libre office. The newer ones like the one you have linked are even better as they have real graphics instead of the intel junk mine is stuck with.
All in all I dont understand why people give netbooks such a bad rap. Sure, I would be in pain to use it as a primary system, but as a tiny cheap PC accessory that gets great battery life they are wonderful.

Status
Not open for further replies.