Solved! Trying to restore a 210/a215 it will get nearly finished and get error 10-FC12-0

felesia

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2011
I am trying to restore a A210/A215 toshiba satellite it will nearly get finished but then get this error: 10-FC12-0241. Does anyone know what the problem could be??

Solution
That's just Internet Explorer. In my experience, Internet Explorer freezes up and just generally sucks no matter what your specs are.

But it just sounds like your Toshiba is basically on its last leg, if you had to replace the memory to even install the operating system. I mean, that's pretty bad corruption if the Windows installer wouldn't even let you continue.

If I were you, I'd put that Toshiba to rest. Harvest some parts from it, perhaps, if you're sure that they're the working ones, but I would just let a dead dog lie.

benbenolson

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2011
I assume that you're trying to restore Windows with your recovery disk.

It could also be that your disk is corrupted, which can be caused by scratching it or by not burning it correctly. Try ordering a new one or getting one from where you originally bought the laptop.

gnuman

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011
If your restore CD is corrupted and you still have the old drive maybe you can re-create the recovery discs. Other than that you'll have to order a new set or you can try Linux :)

benbenolson

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2011
So if it's not your recovery disks, and it's not your hard drive, then I think that we can all safely assume that it's probably a problem with the CD drive, right? Do you have an extra cheap CD drive laying around? If so, try it.

benbenolson

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2011
That's just Internet Explorer. In my experience, Internet Explorer freezes up and just generally sucks no matter what your specs are.

But it just sounds like your Toshiba is basically on its last leg, if you had to replace the memory to even install the operating system. I mean, that's pretty bad corruption if the Windows installer wouldn't even let you continue.

If I were you, I'd put that Toshiba to rest. Harvest some parts from it, perhaps, if you're sure that they're the working ones, but I would just let a dead dog lie.

Solution