Solved! Netbook or Pad?

beznet

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010
So I'm sort of torn on this. I just need a portable device that I can web browse and type papers on (college student here).

The main thing that I see as being an advantage that the netbook has over the pad is the keyboard/Word. Iv never tinkered around with a pad all that much, but from what I see it has an on screen keyboard but that seems like you're more prone for errors and is there even a program for typing documents in a printable format?

Anyways, just wanted to see what you guys thought. I would love some insight.

Solution
Although neither is good for a primary computing device, the netbook is less unsatisfactory, simply because of its real keyboard and flexibility.

And whatever your are going to use should have at least a 6 to 8 hour battery life. The DM1 comes in the low range of that, but disabling wireless should let you get through a full class day.

tiang

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2011

For long term usage and budget wise option, I would go for netbook. You can do tons of things with netbook which can't be accomplished with any pad. Netbook also allow you to watch Full HD contents once the new atom processor soon to be released. You will have enough of storage capacity as compare to pad which usually need external HDD.

jsc

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2004
Although neither is good for a primary computing device, the netbook is less unsatisfactory, simply because of its real keyboard and flexibility.

And whatever your are going to use should have at least a 6 to 8 hour battery life. The DM1 comes in the low range of that, but disabling wireless should let you get through a full class day.

Solution

kongster

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
I would go with a netbook. If you can afford it, put a SSD in it and it really rock. I just came back from a conference using my netbook to take notes, record presentation (audio) of the speakers... I wouldn't be able to do this with any tablet.