Malibal Gaming Laptop?

Emelth

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2010
Alright happened to talk to a person the other day that told me about this company called, Malibal. Wanted to see if anyone had some input on them to see how good/reliable they are. If they check out I was thinking about getting one from them in the near future.

http://www.malibal.com/

1. What is your budget?
$2000
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15"+
3. What screen resolution do you want?
dunno
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
portable
5. How much battery life do you need?
2-3 hours
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
WoW & Diablo III at high settings
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
A lot of multi-tasking on internet
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
500GB will do got 3 1.5TB externals
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
www.malibal.com
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
3 Years
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
DVD
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
?
13. What country do you live in?
USA
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Needs to have a webcam so I can talk to my family with mic

Emelth

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2010
Alright I'm damn good with desktops but laptops gotta throw me a bone :p where can I read up on these terms and basic knowledge?

Cainman

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2011
Check out the notebookreview forums as suggested above. Malibal has a representative that is very active on the forums there. Clevo/Sager is just a brand of laptops that lots of resellers including malibal sell. They are very popular especially in gaming laptops.

I don't know what the required video card to play Diablo on High will be, but for the 15" laptops if you want to stay with the GTX 560 video card check out the lotus p151hm from Malibal. The main differences between that and the p150hm that I've been able to figure out is the power supply is smaller so it can't handle a more powerful video card upgrade, and it comes with the stock matte screen instead of glossy. For some reason it's a lot cheaper even when you add in the bigger power supply option. You could get one of those for about a grand once you add the OS.

If your budget is 2000 you could choose a much higher video card upgrade under the p150hm. They have the 6990 as an available upgrade for only 145 right now which seems like a good deal if you need the more power, and it still wouldn't be close to your 2k budget.

Emelth

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2010
Okay cool thanks a lot usually I would o to toshiba and customize one for about $1,000 and it would work out great (dont trust dell too over priced lol)