Need recommendations for laptop

raigor

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
Hello, I ask again the community to help me choose what to buy. It helped me once in buying my PC desktop and now I ask again.

1. What is your budget?
-400-500$

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
-the smaller the better maybe 13-14 inch - lightweight if possible

3. What screen resolution do you want?
-don't know much about laptop resolution - but no more that 1024x768

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
-Portable because I already have a very good desktop PC

5. How much battery life do you need?
-This is important - the more the better maybe 5-6 hours and more

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
-Yes - games on Medium settings and mostly games up to 2006 release date. If newer only games that have really low requirement settings. Games like: Warcraft III TFT - dota, Oblivion, Hitman: Blood Money and such...

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
-be able to watch at least 720p videos on youtube. No editing at all. Software like Photoshop or adobe flash wont be used at all.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
-I can manage with 200 GB that would be the low point and the highest would be something like 320 or 500 but 500GB is not neccessary at all

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
-No specific sites, you can reccomend from anywhere I just need to know which model and manufacturers are good and why?

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
-Not sure if I understand this question but - at least 3 years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
-No need at all. USB is fine

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
-Don't prefer any brands because I don't know which are good. Intel if possible for proccessor if they are better than AMD in the laptop market too

13. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Nothing that's all

I hope this can help people find their ideal notebook.

I hope so too! Looking forward to replies and advices