Need help purchasing Laptop.

ahhyep

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2011
1. What is your budget?
Nothing over 849$

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15 or 17 Inch

3. What screen resolution do you want?
At least 720p, would prefer higher but probably won't be able to at that price point.

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
I don't need either. Mainly it will be acting as a primary computing machine.

5. How much battery life do you need?
Don't care

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

Diablo III at high settings. The GTX 460m machine that I link below should be able to play D3 at high settings.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)

I plan on light video editing while using a recording software to record Diablo III.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?

This should not be a factor when determining the laptop.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?

Around 3 years.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

This should not be a factor when determining the laptop.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

I don't want a laptop with cheap or flimsy build quality.

13. What country do you live in?

USA.

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

This is what I've found so far: A refurb 850$ laptop with a GTX 460m. The next closest good deal I could find was a GeForce 555m laptop new for 679$.

I would prefer to find a laptop with a 460m for cheaper or a better card for a decent price. I really don't want to have to shell out 850$, but I don't think I will be happy with anything less than a 460m.

I don't know anything about AMD/ATI so if you can find comprable laptops for cheaper please help me out.

Also, I will be scouring the 'Net for Black Friday Deals.
Here is a link to the refurb.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834230111