Solved! Can't see Hiren's boot disk

coldbrook

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2011
Hey, I'm trying to use a boot disk I just burned on my PC. It's able to be read on there, but my laptop doesn't see the disk. Would that be the drive or the disk itself? I tested the dvd on my pc and it works fine. The disk is a memorex dvd-rw 4x 4.7gb.

The laptop is a Toshiba satellite A135-s4527. It has a DVD-RW drive on it so I figured it would show up. But for some reason it doesn't even show up when I try to open the disk in windows.
Thanks for any advice!

Solution
I don't think it matters whether it's a rewritable or not.
see here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD_recordable

if it's a DVD-RW then it will only read DVD-R(W), so if it's DVD+R(W) then you need a DVD+RW drive or as that page says DVD±RW

It's the crap that consumers have to deal with because Sony couldn't deal with the fact that pioneer beat them in tech development

coldbrook

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2011
@anonymous1 I know that, It just doesn't read the disk. If I try to open it in windows it doesn't even read the disk.

@antizig. Ok I'll try that. Would it be an issue with the disk being a DVD-RW? The drive says RW right on the side of it. I'll try updating drivers.

coldbrook

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2011
Well, after reading that It might just be the disk/way it was burnt. It was my 1st time using these disks. Guess You can't really cheap out on them.

I'll try burning one on the laptop and see what happens.