Laptop $700-$800 good for playing 2011 game titles

xyros

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2010
Good day,

I was just wondering if what a good lappy to buy for playing 2011 titles.
Probably be doing some autocad 2012 if not gaming.

Thanks

Solution
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870 is still a potent laptop gaming graphics chip.
It's roughly on par with the GeForce GTX 560M 560M and Radeon HD 6870M laptop cards.

Performance wise, they would match up with a GeForce GTS 450 or Radeon HD 5750 desktop card.

AntiZig

Distinguished
Well, just playing 2011 titles if you're reasonable about the graphics settings

Asus A53 - this is a decent entry level gaming spec. i5 is a great CPU and 540 has proven itself to be a solid GPU

Lenovo this has got i7 quad core CPU, which is among the best CPUs to date. GT555 is slightly better than 540. See if you like the design, cause I know many people find Lenovo ugly looking.

HP Pavillion this one if you want to go AMD route, has got the latest released llano APU and an entry level gaming GPU. This should give you great battery life if you run in on integrated GPU.

if you decide to get a laptop for CAD work rather than gaming, I'd suggest looking for a laptop with better CPU like that Lenovo (i7 CPU) and good amount of ram (at least 8Gb). Alternatively, an llano machine with no dedicated should perform really well in CAD

xyros

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2010
ok now i've read from newegg's users. . . as well as to you guys. . . i'd try to gamble on the latter... the price / performance is really big when it's compared to the previous recommendations. wish me luck guys!