Solved! COMPAQ Presario CQ60 Vista/XP drivers

aekx

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2011
Kind of a complicated topic, and I figure this is the best section for it.
I had a COMPAQ Presario CQ60 that came with Vista. For various reasons such as RAM, I decided to start over and install XP instead. Unfortunately, it no longer recognizes various things such as the built in speakers and wireless adapter(The adapter button lights up, but it is in the "off" color and does not turn on when I press the button). It can not even access the internet even if it has an ethernet cable jacked directly into it.
I've asked around and determined that these errors are driver related, as they worked perfectly fine before I installed XP, but I'm confused about how to actually go about fixing it.

I tried searching for drivers, but apparently XP is not supported.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=3866423&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us

Solution
As you noticed, there are no XP drivers.

Your only option if you want to continue on this path is to find each part you need drivers for and see if the manufacturer made a driver for it. For example if your wireless card was made by broadcom, see if they made an XP driver. You'll need to do this for each part that isn't working. Put the drivers on a USB stick/drive or CD if USB isn't working. Good luck. (Hint, use the net to find out the model number of each part, or put Vista back on there and get them that way.)

4745454b

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2006
As you noticed, there are no XP drivers.

Your only option if you want to continue on this path is to find each part you need drivers for and see if the manufacturer made a driver for it. For example if your wireless card was made by broadcom, see if they made an XP driver. You'll need to do this for each part that isn't working. Put the drivers on a USB stick/drive or CD if USB isn't working. Good luck. (Hint, use the net to find out the model number of each part, or put Vista back on there and get them that way.)

Solution